Location: Perry Park
Date Celebrated: August 5, 2012
Who Led the Rite: Solitary
Grove Name: N/A
Other Ritual Officers: None
Number of Attendees: 1
Deities: Danu, Lugh, and Tailtiu
I asked if fall would be early this year \using the aid of tarot cards in two different spreads.
1.Present postion: Two of Batons- ruler, Attainment of Needs
2.Immediate Influences: The Hanged Man- Life in suspension, , Time of transition, uncertainty
3. Goal or Destiny: Knight of Batons- Journey, unknown territory
4.Distant Past: Queen of Batons- understanding, love
5.Recent Past: Ace of Batons (trees)- creation, new beginning
6.Future Influences: The Sun- accomplishments, success, contentment, joy devotion
7. Questioner: Seven Coins- ingenuity, growth, progress, monetary gain
8. Environmental: Two of Cup- love, friendship, partnership
9. Inner Emotions: Four of Coins- love of wealth inability to share, miser
10. Final Results: Eight of Coins (Farmer)- Apprenticeship, craftsmanship, effort
The first portion of this reading is an indication of our stagnant summer of heat and drought and other factors. It also indicates success and growth which I see as the growth of a year and times changing. I found this reading to suggest that it is possible but there was not certain that it truly related to the question I was asking or just to my impression of the reading dealing with harvest.
Three Card Spread
1. Past: Ten of Coins (two people sitting down to a meal)-Many burdens, excessive pressures, problems to be resolved
2. Present: Temperance (winged lady mixing waters)- uniting of abilities and forces, good influences
3. Future: Seven of Batons (apple trees and a man walking through the wind)- gain, overcoming challenges and obstacles
The interpretation starts the same with hardships of summer heat and drought, the picture of the card in a manner represents the harvests. Temperance is mixing the opposites which indicate to me the mixing of seasons. The reading also indicates that the issues which we have been having will be overcome.
This is basically the same as the first reading that I did. Due to the consistency of the readings I interpreted the readings as a yes to my answer.
Any Magical Workings Done or Oaths Given
No magical workings were done. This was a purely to celebrate and honor the deities, nature spirits, and ancestors.
Impressions / Other Comments / Notes
Going through the ritual, while I felt a little awkward, I concentrated on honoring the kindred’s and their sacrifices that I offered them. This way I knew that they would realize that I was being heartfelt and true. This way once I asked my question for the omen that they would help guide the tarot cards for the answer.
During the entire ceremony I felt a calm that continue throughout and well after. The calm was for me an indication that thing were going and did go well. It was good to feel the calm; I had not felt a calm like this for a while due to social and economic strains in which I am sure many have felt.
While I did feel good about this ceremony, especially since it was my first, I do want to plan more for the next high day. I would like to slowly do more each high day so that my offerings are expectable for the kindred.